Wednesday 18 August 2010

Why have I started this blog?

I decided to write this blog, as a result of writing a couple of news sheets for my colleagues at work, which actually takes the mickey out of all of them, in a very sarcastic and funny way.
Having spent a number of years previously as a police officer, I wrote these articles describing myself as an undercover researcher employed to take a close look at their antics out of the training room and their work ethos generally. Firstly these people are exceptional colleagues who I admire both personally and professionally. So you can get the picture this was actually a "piss take" to use a quote which is not meant to offend anyone who might read this. The feedback from my unsuspecting colleagues when this article was emailed round the office advertised as a new "gossip magazine" was great. It achieved what it had intended to do-bring a smile to the faces of people I cared about, who worked in an often very stressful environment. So that's the brief background, but also, I have travelled up and down the country training in every part of the country and have had some funny experiences along the way with taxi drivers, hotels and on the trains and naturally I have met some great individuals, so I thought I would share the fun, the drama and the frustration with anyone who might want to read it, and hopefully on a boring and depressing day, or a stressful and manic day, there may be a snippet in here that lifts your mood. Nothing runs smoothly in the life of the travelling trainer.

No comments:

Post a Comment